Fixed deposits, PF, PPF and bonds are all examples of different debt investment options. The key characteristic of debt instruments is the regularity of income and reduced uncertainty. Mutual funds
can also be used to access the debt market. In fact Mutual Funds provide an attractive alternate for carrying out debt investments since they offer the advantage of choice, the expertise of a fund manager to select the best instruments for the portfolio, operational ease for the investor, liquidity and tax advantages.
If you are a risk-averse investor and are looking at investment options outside equities
Debt funds come in different risk profiles which can be judged by the maximum duration maturity of bonds in their portfolios. Therefore make sure that you evaluate the duration profile of the debt fund before investing. Short Term Funds invest in shorter maturity bonds and other fixed income instruments that offer regular income. These funds keep risk low by buying lower maturity bonds such that the portfolio on an average remains within a target maturity level.
Key Features Short Term Fund
- An open-ended diversified debt fund with no exposure to equities
- A low risk fund suitable for an investment horizon of 6 months or more
- Investing in a portfolio of debt and money market instruments
- Portfolio targets an average maturity in the range of 1 to 3 years
- Endeavors to capture opportunities in the yield curve spreads in the short duration segment
This Product is suitable for Investors who are seeking
- Regular income over short term
- Investment in debt and money market instruments
Investors should consult their financial advisers if in doubt about whether the product is suitable for them